The Royal College Accredited CPD Provider Innovation Award are given annually to up to three (3) Accredited CPD Providers recognized by the Royal College to promote innovation in the development and implementation of
- educational policies or processes
- administrative policies or processes
- education resources or tools.
Each innovation should describe how life-long-learning strategies of Fellows and Health Care Professionals participating in the MOC Program have been enhanced or how the innovation contributes to the development of the Royal College’s CPD Accreditation System.
Applicants must be an Accredited CPD Provider recognized by the Royal College. These include
- National Specialty Societies reviewed and approved by the Royal College
- University offices of CME
- CMA’s Leadership and Professional Development
- The Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec and
- Simulation programs reviewed and approved by the Royal College
Each eligible accredited CPD provider is limited to submit one application per year.
All applicants must complete and submit the Royal College Accredited CPD Provider Innovation Award Submission Form with attachments to: email@example.com
Applications for this award will be reviewed by a sub-committee of the Royal College’s CPD Accreditation Committee.
The selection committee will consider the degree to which the innovation:
- has been developed, implemented and evaluated over the past three (3) years
- contributes to or enhances either lifelong learning of physicians or the CPD Accreditation System of the Royal College
- is adaptable for use by other organizations
- has been widely disseminated
Innovation Award and Presentation:
- Each recipient will receive an inscribed plaque that will be presented by a Royal College representative at the annual National CPD Accreditation Conference and at a conference developed by the Accredited CPD Provider (for example a national meeting).
- A statement recognizing the award will be provided by the Royal College to promote the recognition of the innovative work of the recipients. This statement may appear on the recipient’s website or other materials for a period of two (2) years following the award presentation.
- Each recipient will be invited to participate in an Innovation Workshop as part of the Royal College stream at the annual National CPD Accreditation Conference. Each recipient will be invited to:
- Develop a fifteen (15) minute oral presentation related to their innovation
- Respond to questions for a fifteen (15) minute period
- Develop a poster for presentation at the annual National CPD Accreditation Conference.
- The recipients of the award will be invited to consider collaborating with the Royal College related to the development of an article suitable for publication (less than 2,000 words) discussing the development of the innovation.
All applications must be received prior to 23:59 hrs EST on February 1, 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.
*Disclaimer: The Royal College will not provide Innovation Award to applications submitted that do not meet the established criteria or purpose of these awards.