Reward yourself with a career at the Royal College
At the Royal College, our workplace is staffed by smart, talented people who foster an environment that is collaborative, creative and rewarding.
Our innovative staff keep our projects fresh and challenging. Our collegial work environment provides ample opportunity for personal and professional development. By providing a workplace of choice, we have attracted a stellar staff of extraordinary administrators, IT experts, medical specialists, business experts and other professionals.
This is why you want to work with us
The Royal College is an equal-opportunity employer that offers a vast range of benefits and perks. Once you become an employee, we are committed to the total well-being of you and your family.
How to apply
People are our most important asset, and we take great care in attracting the very best individuals. Please forward your CV and covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV/resume and cover letter
We receive hundreds of resumes for our job postings. Here are some tips to help attract our attention:
- Clearly identify which job posting you are applying for in your subject line by making reference to the job description (JD) number and job title.
- Preferably submit your resume in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Text formats are also acceptable.
- Include only essential personal information. Be sure to include your name and how to contact you in your resume as well as your cover letter. Also, include your email, phone, and city and province of residence. Do NOT include your gender, date of birth, age, family status, military status, citizenship status or personal identification numbers.
- If you use acronyms, spell them out once unless they are well known in industry.
Your CV should accurately reflect your academic achievements and accomplishments:
- Your resume should include the full name of all post-secondary institutions attended and degrees conferred.
- Reveal only your CEGEP or college/university-level education. If you have completed a year abroad as part of your pre-university education, feel free to include that as well.
- Provide a brief description of projects you have completed that relate to the position for which you are applying.
Work experience You may be fresh out of college or university, or have substantial work experience and a history of accomplishments. Either way, we want to know what skills and expertise you’ve acquired. We’ll look closely at the work experience section of your resume:
- Provide your job title, employer name and dates of employment.
- Provide a brief description of the companies you have worked for especially if they are not well known.
- Provide your key accomplishments in each role.
- Provide concise (i.e., bulleted), important details about your key accomplishments and the impact your efforts had on your organization.
- If you worked while attending a college or university, either during the summer or concurrent with your course work, be sure to mention this.
- Customize your resume by highlighting the skills that are relevant to the position.
Extra tips for getting our attention
In your cover letter, tell us what makes you unique! We value our people, especially their intelligence, diversity, creativity and spirit.
Include any awards you have received, articles you have published, conference presentations you have given, and volunteer work, professional organizations or associations you have been involved in.
Preparing for the interview
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada is located at 774 Echo Drive in Ottawa, Ontario. Visitor parking onsite is limited and free, but subject to availability. Before your interview, make sure you do the following:
- Know what interests you about The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and why you’ve applied.
- Familiarize yourself with the Royal College by reading our website.
- Familiarize yourself with the job description you’re interested in.
- Ensure you can substantiate anything your CV says. You may be asked detailed questions.